Monday, March 9, 2009

The World Race

So, today has been a pretty crazy day. Work was normal, friends were normal, it was in all usual ways normal. The crazy part comes in when you throw God into the mix.

I guess I should give some back story. Last year around Thanksgiving I met someone who had just gotten back from something called The World Race. When I met her, I realized almost immediately that God was changing things within me. For 2 years now, I have been a youth minister, and I have absolutely loved it! God has taught me so much that there's no way I could type it all here. And now He's changing things up. Ever since Thanksgiving I've been trying to "figure this out". I've been trying to convince God that He really wants to wait for all this mission stuff. The whole time, I'm saying Hey God, I'll go, but I know you want me to wait for a few years, right? I mean that's the logical thing. Why would I leave the job I love? Why would I want to be anywhere else at this point.

Today God reminded me that I told Him I would GO. I didn't put a time on it. I just said "Here am I, SEND ME." Really, I said that. (wow, I need to watch what I say) So, as God keeps hitting me with this idea of The World Race, I'm beginning to realize that it's not way down the road. It's coming. I need to get ready. My every day life needs to be preparing me for the race. I'd really appreciate you praying for this whole situation. This is going to require a lot of work. There's a lot of stuff that has to be taken care of, but I know God is in it. Since that's the case I know He's gonna take care of the details. I just need to know that my friends are praying. If you are interested in looking at what The World Race is all about click here: theworldrace.org. It's a great organization, and God is doing might things through it. Overall, I just need you to pray that God gives me wisdom and discernment. A lot of things need to happen for this to work...My God be glorified!

No comments:

Post a Comment