Sunday, February 8, 2009

Music, Friendship, and Worship

So, this weekend has been quite the refreshing weekend. It started out as another trip to see Rachael play in Georgetown, and ended up being exactly what I needed.  I must say that playing djembe is one of the most relaxing things I get to do. When I get to play with Rachael though, it takes the relaxation (and pure enjoyment) to a completely different level.  When I drove to G-town I didn't plan on playing, I was just going to see one of my favorite people :) Playing was just added bonus.  After playing I got to do one of my other favorite things...hang out with friends! I loved every second of random conversation. It was good to hang out with someone who knows me so well.  

The weekend was topped off by getting to baptize another one of my youth.  I must say that getting to baptize someone is one of the most incredible experiences a minister can have. Getting to baptize Livie took it up a notch though.  Livie is a youth that I absolutely adore. I'm so proud of her and the way she lives her life.  She's one of those people that just has an amazing spirit.  She was one of the youth that I got close to as an intern and HHBC, so today was something that I've been praying about for a while.  God has been doing amazing things, and this is yet another outward manifestation of The Spirit at work.  I'm so blessed to be a small part of that.

So, over all, this weekend was one that was completely refreshing.  I praise the Lord for knowing what I need, and allowing me to be part of His plan. A weekend filled with music, friendship, and worship...what more could I ask for? 

1 comment: